AfterSchool Program ****CURRENTLY ON HIATUS****
We offer an after school program that best suits our Montessori graduates who need after school tutoring and want to continue their progressive learning. Our after school 'scholars' continue their Montessori education, receive personalized attention, are instructed in new academic subjects, and are provided a safe learning environment in which they can thrive. We also serve students from the local Kinder and 1st grades. Spaces are limited and aftercare is available. For more details about the 2019-20 After School program, please contact us.
Just some highlights...
- Daily Reading: Continuing the Language Arts Program that made us famous, reading comprehension, spelling bees & sentence building.
- Homework Mondays: homework help & tutoring in areas of weakness.
- Math Lessons: addition/subtraction into 100's, fractions, word problems, quantity building into 1000's, beginning multiplication & division.
- Science Wednesdays: "the most popular day of the week"-- Fun and interactive classroom Science experiments that evoke the love of learning and introduce new concepts to the children.
- Fun Fridays: either a Sports or Art project. Tee-ball, Soccer, basketball, jump-rope, and more large motor skills development. Arts include introductions to a new concept or a collaborative Art project.
- Independent Classroom worktime: continues in the spirit of the Montessori Method--children explore, choose, learn and master at their own pace.
- Technology and Computers: supplements our academic learning with integrated iPad & PC educational programs.